Google

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Speaking My Mind

Since I was young my thoughts and opinions on many subjects and matters have influenced my personality and behavior, my ideas and thoughts. However I have always kept these opinions to myself, believing that others wouldn't care to know what my thoughts were. Once I left highschool and entered college, this belief of mine went through a radical change. I found myself in argument courses yearning to have my voice heard. It was then i decided to completely break my quiet habit and speak out. As I did, I noticed something remarkable, yet quite obvious: My classmates had comments on my own beliefs. Of course, this is not to say they were all good comments. I wrote a paper on religion and in return received a three page letter of hate remarks from an anonymous classmate. After this incident I relized I enjoy sharing my thoughts with others, and hearing what others have to say about my thoughts. The hate letter didn't discourage me, rather it gave me a new perspective on my own topic. I have set up this blog for that one reason: To voice my opinion, and hear what others have to say about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts and opinions on things. This first blog entices me to come back for more. :)

Much respect from a fellow blogger,

sniffer

eNiTSiRhC said...

... not everyone will agree to your opinions, but they will at least open their minds a little bit more, making them understand where you're coming from. Personally, a lot of people can relate to you, including me. Keep it up!

¡No puede esperar para leer su blog siguiente!

Anonymous said...

This all goes back to what you were telling me and all those talks we had about me breaking out of my shell and speaking out more. That speech class I'm taking is really helping me. Its helping me not only to be more comfortable speaking in front of people, but to get my voice out there. And not just in that class but in everyday life. After doing well on the last speech I did,I realized that I can do it. The more I do it the easier it becomes. For me its all about discovering myself more. I'm sure for you it was the same.